Job Title: Educational Resource Manager
Role Description: Oversee the development of tools, resources and training materials and the cultivation of partnerships to catalyze continuous improvement in the sustainability of commodity crop production.
Posted: March 31, 2017
Field to Market: The Alliance for Sustainable Agriculture seeks an Educational Resource Manager to oversee the development and curation of educational tools, resources and training materials for use by the agricultural supply chain to accelerate the adoption of conservation practices and catalyze continuous improvement in the sustainability of commodity crop production. In addition, this position is responsible for cultivating a network of trusted advisors, agronomic experts, NGO-led initiatives and public sector resources to help provide decision support to farmers and the enabling conditions and learning exchange needed to drive sustainable outcomes at the field and landscape level.
Field to Market is a 501(c)(3) organization that brings together a diverse alliance of grower groups; agribusiness companies; food, beverage, restaurant and retail companies; conservation groups; universities and public sector partners to focus on promoting, defining and measuring the sustainability of row crops for food, fiber and fuel production.
The Educational Resource Manager is responsible for the development of educational tools, resources and training materials for use by farmers and their trusted advisers to accelerate the adoption of conservation practices in commodity crop production. This position will be responsible for identifying and cultivating a network of trusted advisors, agronomic experts, NGO-led initiatives and public sector resources to which Field to Market can direct participating farmers and the supply chain for decision support in advancing sustainable outcomes at both the field and landscape level.
In addition, the Educational Resource Manager will be responsible for facilitating Field to Market’s Education and Outreach Committee, collaborating with members on the development of tools, resources and training curriculum and providing guidance for the organization’s overall education and outreach strategies. Together with the Committee, this position will identify and execute both online and in-person trainings to increase adoption of conservation practices that improve row crop sustainability.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in training and curriculum development coupled with an in-depth knowledge of agronomy and agricultural sustainability. In addition, the individual must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills; advanced aptitude for coalition building and stakeholder management; an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; experience in project management; and a desire and enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional development.
The position reports to the Vice President of Stakeholder Engagement & Implementation at Field to Market.
- Develop and maintain educational tools, resources and training materials for use by farmers and their trusted advisors
- Facilitate Field to Market’s Education & Outreach Committee, including preparation and distribution of agendas and meeting summaries related to the committee’s ongoing work streams
- Work with Education & Outreach Committee members to craft sustainability training modules for use in both online and in-person workshops with agricultural retailers and crop advisors, and oversee and execute a strategy for scaling such outreach
- Hone the business case for taking action on sustainability and create case studies that provide tangible examples of farmers advancing sustainability, productivity and profitability
- Forge partnerships between Field to Market and trusted farmer advisors, agronomic experts, NGO-led initiatives and public sector resources to provide the enabling conditions and learning exchange needed to drive sustainable outcomes at the field and landscape level
- Collaborate with Field to Market’s Program Manager and Business Director to support the needs of Fieldprint Projects in developing and implementing Continuous Improvement Plans
- Represent Field to Market by speaking at grower conferences and other agricultural supply chain events throughout the year
- A minimum of 5-7 years of proven experience in agricultural sustainability, project management, agronomy, ag education, agribusiness, or non-profit management specific to the ag industry
- A Bachelor’s degree in in agronomy, agricultural engineering, agricultural economics, crop/soil science, agricultural sustainability, business, management or related field
- Ability to coordinate multi-stakeholder teams and build successful interactions
- Successful experience in working with a membership-driven organization strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills (writing/editing, speaking, facilitating). A writing sample may be requested
- Ability to prioritize, establish and meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Must have strong command of the English language
- Travel required for this position is extensive. At times travel may be expected on short notice. Travel and other work related assignments may include weekends.
- Office location is Washington, DC
Please submit a cover letter that explains your interest in the position and a resume to email@example.com no later than April 23, 2017. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance and other benefits included.
For more information regarding Field to Market, please visit www.fieldtomarket.org.