|Selection Criteria: |
• PhD in plant genetics, plant breeding or plant physiology with at least 5 years of working experience in potato breeding.
• Demonstrable experience managing breeding programs, preferably in potato.
• Good understanding of and experience with current molecular breeding approaches.
• Experience and knowledge of clonal, polyploid crops is preferred, and a good understanding of issues related to potato seed production and/or research.
• Excellent statistical skills, and experience with statistical software such as SAS, ASREML or GENSTAT.
• Strong communication, organizational skills and experience managing staff.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; advanced knowledge of Chinese is highly desirable.
• Demonstrable experience in grant/research proposal formulation and fund raising.
• Ability to build and lead breeding teams and collaborate across institutions and disciplines.
• Commitment to work in a multi-partner, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
• Track record of relevant scientific publications.
• Strong team player, self-motivated, goal-oriented and committed to shared goals.
Conditions: Employment contract will be for a three-year term with the possibility of renewal. Salary will be internationally competitive, paid in US dollars, and commensurate with experience. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.