| : Indiana Pork is seeking to hire a full-time professional with an agronomy background. A bachelor's or master's degree in agronomy is preferred. |
The job includes the following duties:
• Collect, develop and distribute resources to pork producers in coordination with the Director of Producer Services, with a focus on environmental/agronomy/manure management
• Develop and maintain relationships with our research and education partners including other commodity groups, land grant institutions, allied industry, etc.
• Oversee the Research and Education Committee
• Serve as the conduit for research and education initiatives between Indiana Pork members and Indiana Pork/National Pork Board
• Coordinate with other partners on Indiana Nutrient Management/Soil Health Strategy
• Participate in the planning and implementation of the Midwest Pork Conference in conjunction with the Director of Producer Services
• Coordinate with other industry partners on the “Before You Build Program” by addressing local issues related to expansions and new construction of livestock facilities.
• Coordinate with other industry partners on monitoring and advising local units of government on zoning issues